Re: Battery Boxes...What One Company Designed

In message <hljoi1plfos0bc0t8taia0534ia6qlpi18@xxxxxxx>,
nospam.clare.nce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes

>Well, with 8 6 volt batteries, the obvious alternatives are 12, 16
>(not common at all),

You mean 18 ?

> 24,32

32 ?

> or 48 volts.36 volts doesn't work out too
>well, and 72 and 96 are out of the question.

Don't know that they are, though these and higher voltages tend to be
used with wild inputs from wind turbines etc.

> The most common voltages
>for low cost inverters and UPS systems are 12 and 24 - with 48 being
>used on several large units.
>Problem with 48 volt systems is they are generally larger capacity -
>and should really have a larger battery pack than you have.
>
>I'd suspect 24 volts is the most likely scenario in your position. (or
>wire it as 2 12 volt packs that you can easily switch s/p for 12 or
>24)

Not a bad strategy.

J/.
--