Re: Before I embed a DS10A, any tips...?

Well I went and I read...

I found THIS:

3.2.4  Mailbox Accessories

Auxiliary flags or devices used to signal the customer that the mail
has arrived must operate automatically without requiring additional
carrier effort.

And this:

3.4  Carrier Service Door

The design of the door, including hinges and handles must provide
protection against wind, rain, sleet, or snow (see 3.15.3).
Door latches must hold the door closed but allow easy opening and
closing requiring no more than 5-pounds of force. Action of the latch
must be a positive mechanical one not relying solely on friction of the
hinge parts. The door shall not be spring-loaded. Magnetic latches are
acceptable provided adequate closure power is maintained during ambient
conditions specified in 3.15.6 and applicable testing described in 3.15.
It is preferred that by either tactile or by sound (i.e. ``snap'' or
``click'') carriers are alerted that door is properly shut. The door,
once opened, must remain in the open position until the carrier pushes
it closed.

<SNIP>

You'll be happy to know there is a loud, satisfying "Click" when the
door is closed, due to the magnetic latch.

Thanks again!

Jack
:)