Re: Before I embed a DS10A, any tips...?

> I took the DS10A apart, and promptly discarded the plastic.

Wouldn't it just have been easier to tuck the DS10A, whole, into the column
of the mailbox?  That column looks like it ought to be hollow and would've
provided plenty of room for the unit.  Sorta late for that now, of course,
but now if it craps out during warranty you'll have to nothing to return.
Not a huge monetary loss, of course, but still...

That and, if I read your post right, you added this inside the door itself?
Making the door heavier and increasing the likelihood the mailman won't
close it fully.  Hopefully you can order a replacement door when that
happens.