Re: Insteon and dimmable CF bulbs

I probably should add a bit more info on CFL failure rates. Google on "cfl
early failure".

Here's an excellent whitepaper on the topic, describing the testing that led
to changes in EnergyStar standards in 2003.

http://www.lrc.rpi.edu/programs/lightingTransformation/pdf/durabilityTestingFinalReport.pdf

There is an EnergyStar site which lists CFLs which meet their specs.

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=cfls.pr_cfls

Also, I would give more credence to the length of the manufacturer's
warranty than to their estimated life. Bulb life is inversely related to the
length of on time per turn-on - frequent cycling shortens life.