Re: Insteon and dimmable CF bulbs

The prices for these Insteon switches at the site you found are EXACTLY the
same as AutomatedOutlet and HNA (cited by RF Dude). They all quote a high
list price and claim a 20-50% discount. If you check the SmartHome site
you'll see their current price is $39.99 for the 2476D.

Use the search function at AutomatedOutlet to find the 2476D.

I've never bought from any of the cited dealers but I've found Martin Custer
at AutomatedOutlet to be very knowledgeable. (He loaned me an Insteon
starter kit so I could test it and report the results here.) I have bought
from SmartHome and have always found them reliable but it's not always easy
to reach someone there who is very knowledgeable.

I'm not a fan of CFL whether dimmable or not. There continue to be reports
of high rates of premature failure and the high initial cost is even higher
if you need to add filters to block CFL noise. (Noise may be less of an
issue with Insteon.)