Re: Lynx X-10 Analyzer (WAS Re: Decora HCPRF)

Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I think the programming disclaimer is probably because they were
> overwhelmed
> with questions from amateur programmers. It may also be because there's a
> USB version and low level USB programming is not simple. They published
> the
> serial protocol for the first PowerLinc but it was TTL/RS232 only; there
> was
> no USB version.

Actaully, it's an HID-USB device, which is pretty simple. It's file I/O with
9 byte packets (in the case of this particular device.)  Other than some not
so well documented Windows stuff required to actually find the device path
so that you can open the pseudo file, it's simpler than serial programming.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
www.charmedquark.com