Re: implementing a toggle function in x10

"Mark Thomas" <mrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I haven't been able to find much detail on the Homelink, but I
>suspect
>> the buttons are only capable of sending a single code.
>>
>> Obviously if I dedicated a PC I could store a state and write a
>"macro"
>> that alternates, but that's not really an option for me.
>
>Is a low-cost controller an option? For $150 you can get an Ocelot,
>which would allow you to set up your toggle, and as a bonus it would be
>able to do many, many other things as well.

How will an Ocelot allow this? I can see ways to do it using an Ocelot PLUS
something to sense whether the light is on or off (e.g. a Bobcat light
sensor) but that adds another $40-50 cost and the Ocelot will also need a
TW523 ($30-35) to communicate with the X-10 modules.

I've always thought the Ocelot offers the most bang for the buck of any HA
controller but it's still a bit pricey if you don't need a lot of bang.