Re: ACNC Doorbell Fon question

> > I'm just worried that someone at the front
> > door could manage to lock up the phone
> > line.

> The unit can't actually lock up the phone line.  It doesn't make or
receive
> calls.

I'm just afraid of Mr. Murphy and his law.  I'm sure the designers did not
intend any accidental cross-connections to occur, but I'm also sure the guys
who designed those hanging walkways for the Hyatt Regency didn't intend for
them to collapse when people decided to dance on them!

> It synthesizes a different ring signal to the inside phones.

That's good.  From what I've read each of the two door inputs generates a
different ring tone to indicate which door is "ringing" the phone.  I hope
the tones are different than the special tones I have for my anonymous call
rejection package.

> While the alarm is using the phone to report an emergency it kills the
> connection to the Doorbell Fon unit and phones.

I'm always just a little bit leery of automatic line seizure devices.  I was
in a situation once where I was talking to emergency services on the phone
when the alarm system decided to seize the line and disconnect us.  It was
not a pleasant experience.  I have two lines now, but it's still not a good
thing to have happen.  I suppose it's too much to ask of a line seizure
device to check and see if a 911 call is already in progress and not to
interrupt it if it is.

--
Bobby G.