Re: Lynx X-10 Analyzer (WAS Re: Decora HCPRF)

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Then, just to see how it would react, I decided to press two keychain
>remotes simultaneously, one set to housecode "B" and the other set to "D."
>Lo and behold!  Now I had a grid the showed the breakout of what the Lynx
>receiver saw on the powerline, bit by bit, and it showed, embedded in the
>middle of lots of what it labels "code fragments" was a DIM command for
>Housecode M, Unit 16.  Bingo!  There's no M housecode in use in my system
>anywhere.  I'll run a few more tests and even set up a few lamp modules on
>the M housecode to see if I can't get it to activate by pressing
>transmitters on D and A codes.

Can you post the actual powerline bitstream?

>I'll bet the Testerlinc suffers from similar issues.  One thing that freaked
>me (and Dave, if you are reading, please correct me if I am wrong) is that I
>think Dave said they used the Monterey to *calibrate* the ESM1.  How bad
>could the Monterey be if they use it to calibrate other meters!!!?  :-)
>FWIW, as soon as I opened the Lynx box, a little voice said "you should have
>bought the Monterey or the Testerlinc!"

You're reading more into 'calibrate' than it really means. In this case,
they merely adjust the ESM1 so that it's fullscale reading is the same as
the Monterey fullscale reading. Now both are in error by more than 50%
whereas the initial ESM1 shows the true peak-to-peak level.

There is one benefit in that it may let you see weaker signals than before.