Re: ACNC Doorbell Fon question

> Does anyone use this system?  Pros?  Cons?

Pros:
1.  Simple 2-wire installation that can usually replace a standard doorbell
button without running new wires to the door.
2.  Every phone (including cordless) can answer the front door -- handy if
you're out in the back yard, etc.
3.  Inexpensive.

Cons:
1. Maximum configuration is 2 doors so it's mainly a residential unit.

> What happens when you get a call
> and you're talking to the front door?

Good question.  I believe the system gives you the same "call waiting" tone
that it generates if someone presses the doorbell while you're on a phone
call.  Usually conversations to the door stations only last a few seconds so
this shouldn't be a problem.

> Are the add on products useful?

The primary add-ons are in-bound and out-bound relays.

1. In-bound relays can trigger a regular doorbell or trigger an event on a
home automation system when someone pushes a button.

2. Out-bound relays are good for releasing a door strike, triggering an HA
event, etc, when you press the assigned touch-tone key on your telephone.

I sell Doorbell Fon online in case you're interested.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics