Re: ACNC Doorbell Fon question

> I'm just worried that someone at the front
> door could manage to lock up the phone
> line.  Not a good security situation but
> probably a built-in peril with a device that
> mixes phone lines with external access
> points.  Probably not anything to really
> worry about, but stuff happens!  :-)

The unit can't actually lock up the phone line.  It doesn't make or receive
calls.  It synthesizes a different ring signal to the inside phones.  You
can always make or take phone calls.  Also, if you have a security system it
would be wired to the phone lines ahead of the Doorbell Fon.  The connection
order should be as follows:  [incoming line] ... [alarm system] ...
[Doorbell Fon] ... [ house phones].

While the alarm is using the phone to report an emergency it kills the
connection to the Doorbell Fon unit and phones.

> I think it's finally worth having wireless access
> to the front and side doors via cordless phone
> and this looks like an easy (and portable) way
> to do that.
>
> Thanks for the prompt answer.

NP.

--