Re: Bassburglaralarms.com & Bass-home.com BBB problems ONCE AGAIN

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:KYadnX00EowdQeXfRVn-2A@xxxxxxxxxx

> I don't get it, Mike.  People know you're a liar and make things up JUST
> by
> looking at the phony name you chose: "Group Moderator." You have no
> official
> function in any of the groups you haunt - but you most definitely want to
> deceive people into thinking you do.

Mike Said:
Look what the MODERATOR said about Robert L. Bass in ASA. I guess he made it
all up too, MORON.

Grow up Robert
By Steve Ryckman

From: Steve Ryckman (sryckman@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT: Changes to alt.security.alarms

Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms
Date: 1998/09/15

[This follow-up was posted to alt.security.alarms and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article RsoL1.94362$Xy6.22604521@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
alarmist@xxxxxxxx says..

Up until this message I have usually honored requests by Steve Ryckman such
as "thread closed" and "don't respond to this..."  However, this message
requires a public response.

I would have expected no less from you Robert.

It is true this is an "alt" group, along with tens of thousands other
groups.  Being an "alt" group does not mean the group is open to the whim of
anyone whose whim warrants it.

You and I have had many conversations over the last couple of years and I
can understand where you are coming from. I can also understand that you are
the prime reason for many of the problems.  You may not provoke it
intentionally but the utter hatred for you that many in the group have is
the reason I'm having to do this in the first place.

I've tried to be patient with you, I've tried to explain the way things
should/could work but your goals are always ahead of the group in general.

Any newsgroup can take control of it's own destiny, there is no rule that
says all alt groups must be total chaos.  The "big 8" were created first,
then the .alt groups so there could be more laxx areas.  The "alt" hierarchy
wasn't formed with the intent that all groups in it be totally out of
control.   At the time the alt hierarchy was created, spam was not a problem
and most users of the newsgroups at all were people like myself who had been
involved in it for many years who exhibited some restraint in our on-line
activities on our own.

Read the FAQ Robert.  You've hidden behind it yourself, you have used it to
retaliate against those you felt should be "moderated" (do I have to quote
some of your emails to me asking for others to be moderated), yet when it
doesn't turn your way all of a sudden the whole concept is wrong. I am not
the "moderator" of the group, no one is.  There is no official procedure for
changing the FAQ of the group other than it is the responsibility of the
Group Host to maintain it as the FAQ states.

If you have suggestions for changes to the FAQ to be made, then by all means
stop criticizing everyone else and make some useful suggestions. These are
being run on a "trial" basis for one week as I stated.  If it doesn't work
out then we'll change them.  Or if someone has a better idea before that, we
can change it.   These aren't set in stone, they are my suggestions for
improving the group.

Grow up Robert and either participate nicely or go play somewhere else.
Steven M. Ryckman, ASA Group Host
Email: sryckman@xxxxxxxxxxxx

begin 666 back_ani.gif
M1TE&.#EA& `8`/P`,0```/___[N[NP```$1$1(B(B.[N[LS,S'=W=ZJJJIF9
M`"P`````& `8```%PF @CJ21B(D@D&P;' 4<K(5K*XIH(+3-&K&2(5#SB6!#
M%\(84)Q\2!?PP Q,6XMD-9!E*0I%HP`1)@F*A#0UK5[YBH/X*BYWV^#R`'V@
M,N+Y>G1];R*",RH"!G8N?XLBCBP/*FD,!8B(98];1@.;/@.*6@(.1XJDHR.H
M`PL(# 8&#0@xxxx+!0RLK@8$" 0*H $$9P\!#@S!)P3)`@H+`@D,G<%G<-/6