Re: Decora HCPRF WAS: Re: UPB, etc. WAS: Need some antenna advice...

> The LM14A transmits its ID (as an extended code which is longer than
> standard codes) when it powers up. The LM14A only sends this if it has
been
> without power for some length of time so brief power glitches will not
> trigger it.

You are correct, again.  My testing procedure was faulty.  I plugged in the
ESM1 and then the LM14A and saw the transmission.  Then I tried again and
did NOT see it so I took another LM14A out of the box and tried that, and
it, of course worked.  Then I fiddled around for a few minutes and by the
time I got back to the first one, enough time had passed for it to transmit
again.  Proof positive that it takes more than one or two observations to
form a valid conclusion!

> However, the recent thread from 'AZ Woody' about phantom codes being
logged
> when he ran his paper shredder, is probably a precursor of more such
> reports. The shredder motor was causing his two-way switchlinc to 'think'
> its load had cycled and it was sending the codes. This may also explain
the
> reports of phantom codes from a noisy PC power suppy. (However, the
details
> of that one changed considerably over time so I think that poster was just
> confused.)

I may just have to fish through Google to see what phantom codes these
people were reporting.  I'm wondering whether certain housecodes are more
prone to collision issues than others both as sources and unintended output.