Re: Decora HCPRF WAS: Re: UPB, etc. WAS: Need some antenna advice...

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>> The terms "valid 1110" and "Bad Start Code" are really a bit meaningless.
>> From the receiver point of view, whether a 1110 sequence is a start code
>> depends on whether it starts something (i.e. whether a valid code follows)
>> and not all 1110 sequences are start codes (good, bad or ethically
>> neutral).
>
>I suppose they had to do it that way for brevity's sake.  This sort of data
>looks a lot more comprehensible in full screen format.  Does it make sense
>to say that their Bad Start Code could really be renamed Good Start Code
>followed by Code Fragments?

It should merely be called 1110. Some are intended to be startcodes by the
transmitter, some become startcodes because they are created by collisions
that also create a valid sequence following them, some are merely collision
debris as there is no valid code that follows.

>It can measure the time past the zero crossing but not, apparently, signal
>strength.    At least not as far as I can see but I've hardly looked at the
>manual yet.  With all the things on my to-do list this weekend, it may take
>a while before I really get the hang of the Lynx analysis software.

In a split-phase residence, all zero crossings coincide. Half are going
positive while the other half are going negative. The only time the phase
matters is when a transmitter waits for a positive going zero crossing
(needed to trigger the relay on a transceiver).