[no subject]

> The terms "valid 1110" and "Bad Start Code" are really a bit meaningless.
> From the receiver point of view, whether a 1110 sequence is a start code
> depends on whether it starts something (i.e. whether a valid code follows)
> and not all 1110 sequences are start codes (good, bad or ethically
neutral).

I suppose they had to do it that way for brevity's sake.  This sort of data
looks a lot more comprehensible in full screen format.  Does it make sense
to say that their Bad Start Code could really be renamed Good Start Code
followed by Code Fragments?

> Multiple transceivers with multiple motion sensors will likely lead to
> cacophony.

Right again.  I hope to have some time this weekend to see if there's any
order in the chaos.  Based on X-10's fondness for giving away buckets of
Hawkeyes and TM-751s for next to nothing, I'll bet a lot of people have
multiple PIRs and multiple TM-751s.  The secret may be the multiple
housecodes.  If I remember I'll try tuning them all to the same housecode to
see if it's as easy to create a third code from TM-751s all set the same
way.

> I still think the approach I took with the BX24-AHT was the best
> solution. One central RF receiver with a good antenna gives
> adequate range.

Yes, I agree.  It's too bad I caught you too late in the cycle to acquire
one.  <sigh>

> With a CM11A as its X10 interface, it avoided collisions because the CM11A
> stops sending PLC whenever it sees a 1 when it sent a 0. It did not
> retransmit (probability is very high that any collisions are with a second
> transceiver) so it can coexist with one other transceiver. Initially, I
> planned to support two CM11As (one on each phase) but it's software UART
> wasn't capable of that. I still hope to design a brain transplant for the
> CM15A that will incorporate most of the BX24-AHT features but my health
now
> makes it tougher to handle lengthy projects like this.

I'm sorry to hear that.  I hope your health improves.

> I don't recall whether the LynX-10 PLC can measure signal strength. Even
if
> it does, it may give an average or peak reading so it may not be useful
for
> seeing the CM11A signal degradation. A scope is the easiest way to detect
> that.

It can measure the time past the zero crossing but not, apparently, signal
strength.    At least not as far as I can see but I've hardly looked at the
manual yet.  With all the things on my to-do list this weekend, it may take
a while before I really get the hang of the Lynx analysis software.

> I plan to have a raw diagnostic mode in my rebraining of the CM15A but it
> will not be able to measure amplitude or PLC frequency just output all of
> the 1 and 0 half-bits.

Half-bits.  Sounds like some people I know.  :-)

--
Bobby G.