Re: Napco-Gem-P3200 - Automation Interface

> Thanks for finally closing my battery issue.

No problem.

> You have got to be kidding with the HA
> Upgrade. I did a lot of research and I was
> under the impression that the chip would
> do the trick?

I wish I was kidding.  Napco decided not to continue supporting HA through
the P3200.  Current versions cannot be made to talk real-time to the PC,
with or without the GEM-Automation Kit.

> any ways around this?

Nope.  You need the P9600 and the GEM-RS232 Kit.  I can take the GEM-AUTO
kit back for credit toward the GEM-RS232 Kit but you'll need to e-Bay the
used P3200 now that it's been in service.

> I just purchased the chip from you 3-4
> weeks ago?

That's why I'm willing to take it back for credit but I can't resell the
used P3200 panel.

> How about ECS? What really does the
> upgrade do?

The automation kits all do the same thing.  They enable the panel to
communicate its status and all changes (door open, door closed, motion
detected, system armed, etc.) to the PC or HA controller.

> Can I dump the bin from the chip and make
> any mods?

Probably but it won't make it do what you want.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics