Re: A-Bus IR LED flicker

> We emit IR in the 8-14 micron range but, as I understand it, it's the
> optical filtering used that determines what wavelength an IR detector
> responds to rather than the detector itself.

A few months ago I was digging around the websites of manufacturers for IR
receiver devices, both near-IR sensors and pyroelectrics, and I didn't get
that impression. They seemed proud of their out-of-intended-band rejection
specs. The narrower the detected band, the better. Maybe the A-Bus receiver
is a POS that detects anything, though, who knows. Bottom line for me, if a
CIR is going to detect 8-14 micron IR, it's defective, and impressively so.

So anyway, a finger might be what, -20 dB? That should work to block
nuisance interference that slips by a filter.

-John O