A-Bus IR LED flicker

I'm pretty happy with my Russound A-Bus system. I'm using the A-H484 to
pump audio throughout the house to the A-KP2 keypads.
Just recently noticed that the two keypads upstairs have a slight,
occasional red flicker from the "IR confirmation LED". This happens day
and night - even when they're 'off'. The two keypads installed
downstairs have no such flicker at all.
I have 2 sources connected for now: 1) Squeezebox for MP3 and Internet
radio, 2) 5 CD player. Both with IR emitters attached and functioning
well.  BTW, I've not found any noticeable difference in the way any of
the keypads function, or the audio quality. Just unsure if this is an
indication of something not configured properly.

Thanks
BobN