Re: X10 Computer Interface

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:37:25 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Peard"
<NOSPAMpaul_peard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>As far as the PLC controllers - I understand it's more the voltage - Europe
>is 220-240v - so the components must be rated accordingly, most
>manufacturers of this kit seem to think that both the houses in europe with
>electricity won't need automation - so they keep there product US centric -
>missing out on a fair share of the possibles out there.

If you're talking about the Stamps not being supported in
Europe, maybe they are.

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/company/distributors/dist_europe.asp

It probably looks like I'm pushing this one brand. I promise
I don't have any association with them. I bought a Stamp
starter kit about 3 or 4 years ago (for my RC hobby) and
although the controller wasn't very powerful in terms of
memory capacity or speed, it was so easy to get up and
running with it. That's why I like this brand, being more of
an experimenter now than a serious electronics engineer,
although I used to be an eng' tech back in the '70s. I've
worked with some of the old Intel controllers - 8748 comes
to mind.

I don't know what a PLC controller is. Is that the term for
the X10 transmitter?

Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Regards,
Dave