Re: X10 Dimmer with Low Voltage Track Lighting

<mindseye1> wrote in message
> I've seen quite a few topics on this in general, but I think I have a
> different situation. My track lighting is low voltage, but the tracks
> are at 110V. Each of the lights individually have their own
> transformers. I have a SwitchLinc RX that I can not get to work with
> them. I was told by SmartHome that I need to have a neutral wire, so
> their RX line of switches won't work (even though their web page says
> they will). It'd be quite a job to add a neutral line, so does anyone
> know of any X10 dimmers that will work with my particular track
> lighting without having a neutral wire? Thanks for any suggestions!

I am a little confused. Your lights are fed by 110v so you do have a
neutral.  Dimming the transformer for the LV lights can be problematic. Will
the transformer accept less than line voltage? I have not worked on LV
lights in a long time nor do I want to.
Check with the track manufacture to see what they recommend for dimming.