Re: Newbie Trying to sort it all out...

I've created a web page that's more DIY oriented than most.

     http://www.mbx-usa.com

You might consider a PDA as your programmable remote. There are 3-4 software
packages that allow this. You get an excellent color touchscreen for far
less than the dedicated color touchscreen remotes. You do need to be aware
that IR range depends on the model of PDA.

The more specific you can be in your questions, the better the responses.