advice for retro installation

Scenario:
3500 SF penthouse condo--kitchen, dining room, huge living room w (old)
home theater, 2 guest rooms,2 guest baths, office, master bedroom,
master bath w/hot tub, steam/shower, walkin closets. Interestingly, this
was originally owned by "Higgins" from Magnum PI (can't remember his
real name, the kitchen has numerous built-in gadgets, there are (barely
working) automatic drapes in 5 rooms, and a set of automated pocket
doors to close off the kitchen/dining room. There is also a highend
security system in place, although I haven't figured out yet how to
reset the code (I do have all the install/ops manuals, just haven't had
time yet!), and as yet there are no plans for a landline phone.

There are 40 ceiling lite circuits (read switches), 42 outlets of which
11 have lamps plugged in. Hot tub includes 2 pumps, heater, 2 vent fans,
1 fill valve, an ionizer and I believe an equipment cooling fan (the
equip is all in a tight locker 20 feet from the tub).

Construction is concrete, including most partition walls. Existing
electrical is in conduit, with 3 breaker panels--one for the kitchen,
dining room, and (I hope) the entertainment center (access to the panel
is very difficult, I have not yet mapped out the circuits)located on the
back wall of the kitchen; one for the rest of the house located in the
master bedroom;  and a sub panel in the hot tub equipment locker which
seems to control the tub and room lights in the master bath.

Although I wouldn't go so far as to say money is NO object, I'm thinking
$5-7K for parts, to include touchscreen at entry and maybe master
bedroom; touchscreen wireless remote for control of entertainment center
and all lighting/hot tub/outlets/hvac/drapes/doors; interface with or
utilize most of existing security system. I anticipate 12 preset scenes.

Any suggestions as to the logic for addressing devices? (grand total
approximately 125 separate devices)

How about preferences for a main control/interface. Dedicated xp box and
software, or HAI/JDS etc w/ xp box for programming?

There are three dimmable fluorescent fixtures, are there any two way
(x10 communication) controls to replace these with? If so, do I use the
same ballast?

TIA & Sorry if I'm long winded, but I'm trying to get all my ducks rowed
up...