Re: Newbie Advice needed

To my surprise, I pulled a couple of switches and did find a neutral
wire tucked in the back.  Even though I replaced most all of my
switches several years ago, I didn't remember seeing the neutral - I
guess because I just ignored it.

However, since SmartHome RX (no neutral needed) switches are the same
price as the normal switches (neutral needed), it would be easier to
just use the RX switches and avoid fishing out that heavy gauge
neutral wire and stuffing it all in the outlet box.  Is there a signal
reliability issue with using the non-neutral switches vs. standard
switches?