Re: tiniest learning remote?

Mark Thomas wrote:
> I don't know of any, but perhaps you could use a "middleman" that does
> translation? In other words, if you have an IR distribution system you
> could have an Ocelot or a PC react to the credit-card remote and then
> send out substitute learned commands.

No, I cannot use a middleman sort of device.  I already have a central
PC running girder listening to a usb-uirt.  It already handles receiving
certain IR codes and retransmitting different ones.  The devices that
need controlling, however, are in-room.  So unless I install a whole
other IR *sending* network back into each room there's no way to use a
middleman setup.  And even then there'd be a real adventure of avoiding
a feedback loop of picked up IR, retransmitted codes, and picking it
back up again.  Not to mention the pain in the ass of installing an
entirely parallel IR network in addition to the existing controls.

I've learned, however, that the Weemote DV is apparently competely
'learnable'.  I may pick one up to test.

Innotech makes a credit-card device but I've no idea how programmable it
is: http://www.innotechsystems.com/datshee7.htm