Re: Caddx NX-8E - RS232 ASCII Codes

> How easy would it be for
> someone to enter a premise and connect such a device to the keybus within
> the standard entry delay of say 30 seconds??  Not a "big deal" if it's
> *your* home, right?  After all, you have insurance.

If they're in then that alarm's not worth much now is it?

What if that box was so poorly designed and the protocol so fragile as to be
competely breakable with only the slightest of effort?  More often than not
something claming security through obscurity won't hold up to anyone
actually investigating it's details.

> Feel free to continue the "security through obscurity" rant all you wish.
> You don't work in the industry

And given how poorly those that claim to be behave online I'm glad not to be
associated with it.