Re: Switches and ProtocOls, Compared

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Brett Griffin" <bret.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>> Personally in 5 years with I have never seen this. [switch resets]
>>
>> I use the following soft programming switches:
>> Leviton HCM06 (600 Watt)
>> Simply Automated 1130W (1000 Watt)
>
>There have been enough reports of this type of behavior in the archives to
>convince me that some X-10 gear without codewheels will reset itself on
>occasion.

I'm not sure I understand why. I would assume they are storing this data in
EEPROM which usually can retain data for a matter of years (e.g. Microchip
24C64 has 200 year data retention, PIC12F683 Flash/Data EEPROM Retention: >
40 years) unless deliberately erased/rewritten.

I suspect design/programming flaws.