Re: Switches and Protocals, Compared

Hi Lee,

I think you have it outlined pretty well. All of the switches you
mentioned are all pretty reliable. The one on your list that (in my
opinion) that is least reliable is the Xwave switch. I'm sure others
may disagree but in looking at we get back in returns, I'll stand by my
statement. Zwave also has the shortest warranty period.

As far as what to pick, the main thing is to take a good look at what
your requirements are, how you will be controlling it, and the look and
feel you are trying to accomplish and your budget.

I am personally a big fan of using 2-way switches but I can understand
some people not sharing that opinion due to the added expensive of the
switches.

In my house I have over 80 2-way switches and am very happy with it.

A tread I have been noticing with the professional installers that buy
from us is a shift towards UPB with it's added reliability and ease of
set-up.

Martin Custer
www.AutomatedOutlet.com