Re: X10 -> UPB?

> The initial press release from PCS said it would add $4 to the cost of a
> module. The prices do not reflect that - it may be just another case of warp
> mathematics. ;)

It surely is more expensive then comparable products from Leviton, etc.
The major benefit I see is the way that the system is configured using
the UpStart software. Also, they have one device which can be confirued
from 2 to 8 buttons with just a faceplate change and a re-program via
the computer. They also allow a switch which is configured as an
8-button controller to also control a load, something I was not able to
find from Leviton.

I have some UPB items on order from Worthington so I will let everyone
know what they are like once I install them. They are on backorder
though. :-/

take care,

-jr