Re: Dave Houston....I need your help!

OK. "Coil type" equates with magnetic and given that they say they are X-10
compatible (I wonder what they mean by that.) I think we can discount them
as a noise source.

These lengthy, convoluted threads get confusing but it seems you have 2-3
problems which are possibly all related to the KeypadLinc.

1. Your HomePlug network stopped working when you added the KeypadLinc. This
really should not have happened since the network uses frequencies in the
3-20MHz range, much higher than the 120kHz used by X-10.

2. Devices controlled by the KeypadLinc turn on/off at random times.

3. A lamp module appears to be noisy even with no load. This is also
something that should not happen. X-10 lamp modules have a choke the should
block noise from reaching the powerline. You will get triac switching noise
but these are short duration bursts that will not (usually) show up on an
ESM1.

IIRC you said you had the landscape transformers plugged into the lamp
module. This is not advisable as the laminated cores of coil type
transformers don't like the chopped triac waveform. In general you want to
avoid inductive loads with a lamp module.

Have I summarized the situation accurately?

Do you have a CM11A, CM15A, PowerLinc or some other controller with PC
software that can be used to log valid X-10 PLC activity?

Are you using the photocell option with the transformers?