Re: Dave Houston....I need your help!

Thanks guys! Answers to Lewis's questions...

Does the porch light go off on it's own or just the transformers?
-Just the transformers.

What about the "other exterior lighting"?
-Unaffected.

If you disconnect the keypadlinc for several days do the transformers
stay on?
-I haven't tried, but this behavior started immediately after
installing the keypadlinc. I have had the transformers in the garage
controlled by the Leviton 6308 for a couple years prior to the
keypadlinc install, and they never turned off prematurely. After
installing the keypadlinc, it also prevented my "homeplug" powerline
computer network from working, so it has some negative effects on that
as well.

Is the keypadlinc on the same phase as the photocell and transformers?
-No

How are the switches on the 6308 photocell set?
-Dark/Dusk switch set to "dusk". Delay is set to "0" (No delay, so it
is supposed to turn on at dusk, off at dawn).

Are you SURE the photocell is not getting hit by a light bright enough
to make it think it is daylight in the middle of the night?
-No other lighting is affecting the photocell.

What kind of X-10 outlets are you using and how are their switches set?

-Radio Shack branded X10 receptacles, there are no switches other than
the house/unit code settings.

What other X-10 equipment do you have connected?
-Controllers are the Leviton 6308 and the keypadlinc. Modules are the
transformer X10 receptacles, and 3 appliance modules controlling X-mas
lights.

Any X-10 motion sensors?
-No.

Are you sure the power to the X-10 outlets is stable? A plug in clock
can be useful to check for power interruptions.
-?? Not sure, it should be, I work out there quite a bit and the lights
never flicker...

My latest test... I now have the transformers controlled by an X10
timer, "on" at 5:00pm, "off" at 7:00am, I also changed the house/unit
code. So now the keypadlinc will respond to the commands from the
Leviton 6308, so I can monitor it's activity (by the status light) AND
also see if the timer reliably controls the transformers on a different
house/unit code. (One that is not programmed into the keypadlinc). I'm
hesitant at this point to program the keypadlinc the house/unit code of
the timer as it may shut off transformers prematurely... So I guess
we'll do this test one step at a time...