Re: New paradigm for home heating automation and control

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 02:07:33 -0500, "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message  <a56dnQ7grriKMjreRVn-rQ@xxxxxxx>:
.

>That's the lynchpin.  If the Feds were really sincere about becoming energy
>independent, we would see serious assistance in the purchase and
>installation of solar systems.

The 'Feds' are (ultimately) you and me. And we will soon advance another part
of a baby step:

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=products.pr_tax_credits

I will wait to spend real money on my system until January 1 2006 when these
small, new Federal Tax credits go into effect. It may be that HA projects that
increase HVAC efficiency could be partially funded with this mechanism --
commercially available high efficiency HVAC clearly can. Only $500 for
conventional residential, but every bit helps.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org