Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

> The smallest Allegro current sensor is 5A. The largest is 200A.

I saw that Dave,  But, having wrestled with the main cables in my own panel
to install the whole house blocker (with inspector approval), I can't see
adding these sensors in that panel.  There simply is no way to make the
connection.  A sensor that could be attached to the side of an insulated
input cable IS feasible, and might even be accepted by an inspector.  But,
there is the calibration issue I mentioned earlier.

Maybe something like this could be considered by a company like Square DO
that makes breaker panels for high-end customers.

There certainly are people who need to sense when their electronic widgets
are powered, like for toggle on/off devices.  These sensors would be perfect
for a little plug-in current-sense module.

Jeff