Re: Controlling media player from bluetooth headset?

Bill Kearney wrote:

> I'd start by reading up in MSDN regarding how telephony and headset devices
> are supported.  Then you'd have to interface with either the player program
> or the OS media handlers.

> It would probably be better to interface with the
> player directly as you're likely to have different streams going to the PC
> speaker and the headset.

I have already made a program that controls the media player and real
player using global hotkeys. It is quite easy and does nothing but send
keypress commands to the players.

The tricky part is handling the bluetooth signal as you correctly state.
I installed a serial port sniffer, hoping that I would be able to pick
something up, but the bluetooth serial port seems to be dead. I had an
idea that signals from the headset would pass thru the bt serial port
but I guess I was wrong.

I will look in the MSDN as you suggest :)

Martin