Controlling media player from bluetooth headset?

Hi,

I got a Logitech bluetooth headset for Christmas. I am not using it with
my mobile phone which is not bt enabled, but just as a wireless headset
for my PC.

According to the manual, it is possible to control some basic phone
functions with the two buttons on the headset. One can answer a call,
redial a number etc.

Then I got the tought that I must be possible to get/make a program for
the PC that will respond to the key presses on the headset. I would like
to be able to pause and wind/rewind the media player from the headset.

Does any of you know of such a program or some hints how to make it? I
am a professional programmer, just a total newbie in bluetooth technology.

If another group is more appropriate than this, please let me know :)

Thanks,
Martin