Re: Controlling media player from bluetooth headset?

"Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > I got a Logitech bluetooth headset for Christmas. I am not using it with
> > my mobile phone which is not bt enabled, but just as a wireless headset
> > for my PC.
> >
> > Then I got the tought that I must be possible to get/make a program for
> > the PC that will respond to the key presses on the headset. I would like
> > to be able to pause and wind/rewind the media player from the headset.
>
> Your PC's headphone/speaker jack is just that...  a headphone/speaker
> jack.  The sound card would have support the button functions on your
> headset and there currently isn't anything on the market that does that.

That's crap.  Read the original message before spouting the wrong answer.
He's talking about a bluetooth headset.  That provides an actual audio
output device.  It has nothing to do with the regular soundcard analog
outputs.  Yeesh, get a clue.

Technically it is possible but there'd have to be a program running on the
PC that understood how to handle the incoming Bt headset signals and sent
them to a media player.  It actually wouldn't be all that complicated
code-wise but it's unlikely to be something the typical headset program
would understand how to do.

I'd start by reading up in MSDN regarding how telephony and headset devices
are supported.  Then you'd have to interface with either the player program
or the OS media handlers.  It would probably be better to interface with the
player directly as you're likely to have different streams going to the PC
speaker and the headset.

And don't bother reading Frank's posts, he's generally full of crap.

-Bill Kearney