Re: MUX serial remote control

news:439b4afd.71865857@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I thought you already had an Ocelot.

CPU-XA's, but they are both maxed out at tasks that I don't want to
interrupt or fuss with.  I've been looking for an excuse to buy an Ocelot
since I've read it's much better at IR and has double the memory.  My
problem is that I'm not very good at C-Max.  I guess I'll have to register
at ADI and get some information there.

> There are other possible solutions as this is a rather common need with
home
> theater enthusiasts.
>
>      http://www.celadon.com/infrared_receivers_main.htm
>      http://www.xantech.com/newprod/irs232a.htm
>
> There may be others. Those are just the ones I can recall off the top of
my
> head. They may cost more and offer less than the Ocelot. I think Xantech
> limits it to their own IR codes.
>
> There are some limits on the number and length of the Ocelot's ASCII
> strings. You probably should study the manual and ask specific questions
on
> ADI's forums before committing.

Good point!

--