Re: Greyfox camera system?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:EqGdnURbEpkuMp3eRVn-pQ@xxxxxxxxxx
> "Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> Is anyone familiar with the Greyfox Cat5 camera system?
>> http://www.greyfox.com/products_camera.htm
>>
>> The color camera has a Sony Super-HAD CCD, so it ought to be pretty
>> good. They get power and audio over cat5 as well. The camera module
>> (the camera hub in the panel) provides discrete video out as well as a
>> sequenced video out for up to four cameras.
>>
>> If you have it or install it, let me know if you like it. Also, what's
>> the format of the audio out? I assume it's A-Bus because of their other
>> A-Bus products, but the spec sheet doesn't mention it at all.
>>
>> - Mark.
>>
>> "Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Read the OP's post again...  It said "If you have it or install it"...
> Your
>> reply contributes nothing except another "plug" for your online business.
>
> And what, exactly, does your reply contribute?  Nothing except to remind
> us
> of your never-ending hard-on for Bob Bass.

Sorry...   I don't "swing" that way.  And there's absolutely no need to get
"vulgar" in your replies.  What does *this* contribute to the thread, other
than putting the indivudal to whom you're responding on the defensive?  If I
was anything like "the other posters from ASA", you'd receive much more in
return and what would *that* contribute to this thread, eh??.

> I just *knew* you couldn't make
> ten "bass-free" posts in a row without lapsing.

Perhaps because he's interested in the same topics??  Security, CCTV, access
control...

> You're quite seriously
> obsessed with bashing Bass and it's a shame because every once in a while
> you show signs of being a normal, worthwhile contributor to the group.
> <sigh>

<sigh>

> Worse still, your contention isn't even true.  Bob's reply told me that
> these cameras, unlike far too many net-enabled cams, use high-quality Sony
> HAD CCD's and not cheap CMOS sensors that have terrible low light
> capabilities.

Nope.  "Bob's" reply never stated this.  Read it again.  It said:

"I've sold several of them to DIYers.  So far none have come back
for repairs.  Calls for tech support have been minimal as well.

I've also sold a fair number of Grayfox' (now OnQ / LeGrand) CAT5
intercom systems.  They work well.  They're a snap to install and
you get a decent bang/buck ratio."

> So, I learned *something* from his post whereas I learned
> nothing from your nag other than the fact that you *still* have it in for
> Bass.  What a f'ing surprise THAT isn't.

I'd guess that you probably have a problem with "'Rithmetic" too...  I
learned nothing from Robert's response except that he's "sold several of
them to DIYers'" (which is also a statement that contributes nothing to the
OP's request for information).

> Why don't you *really* surprise us all for a change and grow up?  No one's
> interested in who you like or don't like *except* for you and the
> occasional
> ASA drop-in you bring along for IMmoral support.  You'd think by now even
> *dog* could figure out your plan to make Bass look bad is only making
> *you*
> look bad.  Give it a rest, Frank.  Most of us abandoned these kinds of
> tactics upon graduation from grade school.

At least one of us *graduated* from grade school and knows how to read.
:-))