Re: CM11A hangup: Any better products?

John Galvin reverse engineered a partial CM11A schematic. It's at...

     http://home.pacbell.net/lgalvin/CM11AX-10a.gif

It includes the oscillator.

I think if you look at your RR501 you'll find it uses one winding of the
same model transformer as is used for the input as the L with a couple of
27pF caps. They use so many of the transformers, they probably only cost a
few cents. They assemble them in mainland China where production costs are
nearly nil. After all, they tune the wireless devices by bending the single
wire loop used in its oscillator.