CM11A hangup: Any better products?

Hello All,

The CM11A hang-ups have been mentioned a lot here but I could not find a
truly exhaustive fix anywhere. So, my question:

Are newer CM11A still hang-up prone? Mine is from around 2000. Is the
CM15A better in quality?

Besides quitting out of the blue my CM11A also doesn't always respond to
a date&time update. Sometimes it catches, sometimes it doesn't, you just
never know.

The reason I ask is that I want to keep X10 going but not spend a lot of
money on such an ancient technology. The X10 web site has become more
glitzy but in my opinion less informative. It couldn't even find the
CM15A as a product when I tried.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com