Re: CM11A hangup: Any better products?

Mitch wrote:
> Try the Smarthome 1132U (or CU or the serial version).  I've had good
> luck with all of them.

Well, I just had my 4th CM11a die, so I went to the 1132U / Smarthome
Manager.  In general I think it's pretty good.  I need to run from
internal memory since I don't keep it attached to a PC.

A couple of issues: the software that comes with it doesn't have
Sequences (equivalent to ActiveHome Macros).  It can have complicated
chains of events triggered at times or from events, but it would be much
better to define the chain of events as a Sequence and then be able to
trigger that from various thing, or to trigger it manually.  I use X10
to run my sprinkers and I used to be able to manually start the
watering, but I need to pay $$ to upgrade to Smarthome Manager Plus to
be able to do that.

Second, I was setting up Triggered events.  I set it up so that A4 On
(from the keypad by my bed) would turn on all the lights in the house.
This works, but the 1132U, which seems to transmit a very strong signal,
sucks for receiving!  I have to plug the unit in in the same room as the
keypad or it doesn't work.  Has anyone else seen this?

  David