Re: Scale for weighing fully laden power wheelchairs

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>My question is this:  If I took four identical bathroom scales, a 4x4  sheet
>or two of 3/4" plywood and attached wood block "feet" at each corner that
>would sit on the bathrooms scales, would their readings (assuming each scale
>was zeroed out to start) total up to the weight of the object?  After my
>knockout gaffe today, I'm looking for a sanity check just to make sure I
>haven't overlooked the obvious.  I think it should work and since I have the
>plywood, the only cost would be the four scales.

Yes. At least one commercial wheelchair scale operates on the same principle
with independent load cells adding up to the total.

     http://www.itinscales.com/medweigh_ms2300_wheelchair_scales.htm

With bathroom type scales you'll need to position them so that each is
loaded centrally. I'd suggest at 45° to the corners.