Re: Pool Valve Control

> I'm using the Hayward "off-line" chlorinator, and when
> I automated the plumbing with actuators to control the
> spa, I needed to be able to turn the chlorinator off when
> in "spa mode" (to avoid bleaching the spa occupants)
> but on in "pool mode."  I've been using an RCS X-10
> relay controlling 24VAC to an irrigation valve with good
> results.

An alternate method, probably not convenient now that your system
is installed, would have been to draw pool water into the spa
heater intake.  Once it's in the pool the chlorine is diluted.

>> In my last pool we had a chlorinator like Robert
>> describes.  It worked pretty well, but the salt
>> system is MUCH better.

In all likelihood, our pool guy was just bad-mouthing it because
he doesn't sell it.  We replaced him this year anyway.  Caveat
swimmer.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com