Re: Household electrical current to Excel ???

Derek Broughton wrote:
>>Dan Bloomquist <public21@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>>But if time is money and you want to capture the signature of motor
>>>start-ups...
>>>
>>>Take a couple of cheap current transformers and a door bell transformer
>>>for sensors. (The first one I did was twenty five years ago using a hall
>>>device and multiplying in a MC1495)
>>>
>>>These days just take your three outputs and run them to something like
>>>the LabJack.
>>>http://www.labjack.com/labjack_u12.html
>

> All these solutions that I have seen require you to have your computer
> plugged into the monitor.  Since I'm off-grid, my specific aim is to
> monitor usage for the least amount of power consumed in the monitoring
> process - even plugging in the old laptop to do it just doesn't cut it.
> Anybody seen anything like the labjack that can store captured data and
> download it on demand?

The various websites posted include autonomous data loggers as well as
pc-dependent ones. It will, of course, still need power and almost
certainly have a processor, firmware and memory. A bit like an "old
laptop", in fact...

My laptop runs for days of use off an external small sealed lead acid
battery.. which I just throw in the car and recharge when I go anywhere.

--
Sue