Re: Household electrical current to Excel ???

Palindr?me wrote:

> The various websites posted include autonomous data loggers as well as
> pc-dependent ones.

Oh well, I _thought_ I'd followed all the links...  I'll check again.

> It will, of course, still need power and almost
> certainly have a processor, firmware and memory. A bit like an "old
> laptop", in fact...

Not really.  I'd seriously considered trying to work something up with the
"old Palm m100".  My old laptop was only a consideration because (a) I
don't use it, and (b) it has barely enough memory to handle this chore.
The Palm actually has as much memory, and vastly lower power consumption.
However, I doubt I'd find any off-the-shelf equipment for a Palm, so it
would end up being a hardware project and I'm a software guy...

A data logger that stored a day or a week of data, and then let me download
it at my convenience would be much nicer.

> My laptop runs for days of use off an external small sealed lead acid
> battery.. which I just throw in the car and recharge when I go anywhere.

I _could_ run it off the DC power at my inverter, too, but that's not the
point.  I'm trying to avoid using anything that power hungry.
--
derek