Re: Well HELL Guys.

On 9/21/2022 12:53 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 9/21/2022 7:18 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> Hello Jim,
>>
>> On the Air Gun I use to use a Crossman Air Rifle for varmints.
>> I stated to see that varmints would start to shake off the pellet!!
>> So then I went out a bought a Beeman Silver Kodiak S2 Air Rifle
>> that came with two barrels.  One for .177 and a .22 pellet size
>> I use the .177 and the muzzle velocity is at 1100 fps.  Oh, and it
>> is a one pump to reload.
>>

> **** Now when I hit the varmint they are just DONE!!! ****
>
> I've struggled with accuracy with springers.  I've got a a "magnum"
> power .22 springer and I have to use the weirdest hold to shoot well
> with it.  Look up artillary hold.  That is a Hatsan.  The Other springer
> I have (a Benjamin Nitro Pisto) I never was able to group more than a
> few shots before it drifted.  The only springer I ever was able to just
> nail down was a relatively expensive RWS Diana.
>
> I might suggest not to believe the numbers they say on the box for
> springers.  They either use a light alloy pellet or the old super light
> wadcutter RWS hobby pellet to get those numbers and they often round up
> a little.
>
> I'm semi serious about my airguns and chronograph them all so I know
> what they are doing with the projectile I am using.  That being said I
> used to sit out next to our store killing ground squirrels and other
> rodents who would try to raid the grain shed when I was growing up.  I
> got about 50/50 bang flops vs kick and squirm shooting a copper plated
> BB out of my old Daisy 880.  None ran away.  The book only claimed about
> 700 fps with a BB.

I should add most modern airgunners don't look at just FPS anymore.
Muzzle energy (FPE) is a much better indicator of the potential affect
of an air gun.  I assure you a 25 grain pellet flying at a measured 900+
FPS is much deadlier than a 7-10 grain pellet flying at a box claim of
1100 fps.

www.avg.com