Well HELL Guys.

So are these the silent death throes of ASA?
NO ONE (?) has anything to talk about?=20
For the first time in YEars business has slowed down for me.=20
On one hand, I'm afraid I'm going to get used to the slower pace and then g=
et soft and not want to get up off my ass when it gets busy again. but on t=
he other hand, I'm kinda enjoying the time to do some of the things that I =
always say I'm going to get around to - - - - and never do.=20
I ordered in some parts for my old Crossman air guns and trying to get them=
 working again. I've got someones damn pigeons shitting on my roof all summ=
er that I'm determined to get rid of in spite of my wife. problem is,  I fi=
gure the damn things are going to roll down off the roof where they're roos=
ting and I'm going to have to get up on the damn ladder to dig them out of =
the gutter.=20
.=20
Don't know if I mentioned it here or not but last year, before deer season =
the guys I go deer hunting with found some remains of a couple of fawns tha=
t were taken down by Coyotes. So someone went out and bought a "caller" and=
 one night we went out and sat in the dark for a few hours freezing our caj=
one's off with this machine screeching eerie squeals.=20
.
Anyway, since then, after reading up and watching YouTube videos, we've got=
 a better idea this year on how to set up a watch and use the machine. but =
the hilarious thing is, while I was sitting in the dark last year, it dawne=
d on me what a freaking idiot I was. Not only wasn't I going to see anythin=
g in the dark, even if I did, I wouldn't have been able to get a shot at an=
ything anyway. I use open sights. I've always hunted in the brush and been =
that good a shot that I never needed a scope. I never gave it a thought tha=
t you can't use open sights at night. I was the only one without a scope bu=
t nobody else in the group gave it any thought either. (stupid, stupid, stu=
pid)
.
Jeeeze! What an idiot! So this summer I had a 50mm light gathering scope mo=
unted on my Remington 30.06, after all these years and, If I can fit it in =
the budget, I'll be ordering a Thermal Imaging Monocular before the season =
starts. The cheapest ones that I see that  can can pick up an image at 100 =
yards start at about $600.00. and you know I'm not going to get that one. S=
o, so far that's $800.00 for the scope and probably another 8 for the viewe=
r, just so I can sit in the dark and freeze my ass off. Oh well, what the h=
ell am I working for if I never spend it on the things I want.=20
.
Another thing I didn't think about is the type of ammo I (we all ) were usi=
ng. If any of us did get a shot at a Coyote, there probably wouldn't have b=
een anything but a head and a tail left. We were all loaded with 160 grain.=
 So I was able to locate some 128 grain 30.06 varmint ammo. Not easy to fin=
d.
.
Anyway, hope this post helps strike up a little activity here.