Re: Well HELL Guys.

On 9/21/2022 2:55 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 10:18:04 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
>> Hello Jim,
>>
>> On the Air Gun I use to use a Crossman Air Rifle for varmints.
>> I stated to see that varmints would start to shake off the pellet!!
>> So then I went out a bought a Beeman Silver Kodiak S2 Air Rifle
>> that came with two barrels. One for .177 and a .22 pellet size
>> I use the .177 and the muzzle velocity is at 1100 fps. Oh, and it
>> is a one pump to reload.
>>
>> Now when I hit the varmint they are just DONE!!!
>>
>> Good luck with you night hunt. That has to be challenging for many
>> reasons.
>>
>> Les
>> On 9/20/2022 12:44 AM, Jim Davis wrote:
>>> So are these the silent death throes of ASA?
>>> NO ONE (?) has anything to talk about?
>>> For the first time in YEars business has slowed down for me.
>>> On one hand, I'm afraid I'm going to get used to the slower pace and then get soft and not want to get up off my ass when it gets busy again. but on the other hand, I'm kinda enjoying the time to do some of the things that I always say I'm going to get around to - - - - and never do.
>>> I ordered in some parts for my old Crossman air guns and trying to get them working again. I've got someones damn pigeons shitting on my roof all summer that I'm determined to get rid of in spite of my wife. problem is, I figure the damn things are going to roll down off the roof where they're roosting and I'm going to have to get up on the damn ladder to dig them out of the gutter.
>>> .
>>> Anyway, hope this post helps strike up a little activity here.
> .
> .
> Hi Les
> I looked on line at the Beeman air gun you mentioned and was surprised to see that it said the barrel material was - - - - "PLASTIC" ?  How does that work out? Is it metal barrel encased in plastic or what? For some reason I can't picture a plastic barrel being able to retain it's stability over the long term.
> .
> As far as whats most challenging on a hunting trip now days - - -  I'd have to say, it's climbing the damn hill to get to my stand. ;-)

Jim,

The one I have is a Model #10774  The barrel is Satin Nickel Plated.
Only plastic I see is the stock.  There maybe other models that
do something different.  I would be nice to have a silencer on it
but that is a minor issue.  It came with a 4x32 scope which does
quite well.  Some adjustments needed over time.

The .22 gauge barrel has never been used.  BTW I always have it charged
and ready for the next varmint!!  Maybe 2 weeks or more.  Does not
fail me.  Now, I am sure that at some point that may prove wrong but
for now it is not an issue.

Les