Re: Well HELL Guys.

On 9/21/2022 7:18 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
> Hello Jim,
>
> On the Air Gun I use to use a Crossman Air Rifle for varmints.
> I stated to see that varmints would start to shake off the pellet!!
> So then I went out a bought a Beeman Silver Kodiak S2 Air Rifle
> that came with two barrels.  One for .177 and a .22 pellet size
> I use the .177 and the muzzle velocity is at 1100 fps.  Oh, and it
> is a one pump to reload.

**** Now when I hit the varmint they are just DONE!!! ****

I've struggled with accuracy with springers.  I've got a a "magnum"
power .22 springer and I have to use the weirdest hold to shoot well
with it.  Look up artillary hold.  That is a Hatsan.  The Other springer
I have (a Benjamin Nitro Pisto) I never was able to group more than a
few shots before it drifted.  The only springer I ever was able to just
nail down was a relatively expensive RWS Diana.

I might suggest not to believe the numbers they say on the box for
springers.  They either use a light alloy pellet or the old super light
wadcutter RWS hobby pellet to get those numbers and they often round up
a little.

I'm semi serious about my airguns and chronograph them all so I know
what they are doing with the projectile I am using.  That being said I
used to sit out next to our store killing ground squirrels and other
rodents who would try to raid the grain shed when I was growing up.  I
got about 50/50 bang flops vs kick and squirm shooting a copper plated
BB out of my old Daisy 880.  None ran away.  The book only claimed about
700 fps with a BB.

www.avg.com