Re: Well HELL Guys.

On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 10:18:04 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> Hello Jim,=20
>=20
> On the Air Gun I use to use a Crossman Air Rifle for varmints.=20
> I stated to see that varmints would start to shake off the pellet!!=20
> So then I went out a bought a Beeman Silver Kodiak S2 Air Rifle=20
> that came with two barrels. One for .177 and a .22 pellet size=20
> I use the .177 and the muzzle velocity is at 1100 fps. Oh, and it=20
> is a one pump to reload.=20
>=20
> Now when I hit the varmint they are just DONE!!!=20
>=20
> Good luck with you night hunt. That has to be challenging for many=20
> reasons.=20
>=20
> Les
> On 9/20/2022 12:44 AM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
> > So are these the silent death throes of ASA?=20
> > NO ONE (?) has anything to talk about?=20
> > For the first time in YEars business has slowed down for me.=20
> > On one hand, I'm afraid I'm going to get used to the slower pace and th=
en get soft and not want to get up off my ass when it gets busy again. but =
on the other hand, I'm kinda enjoying the time to do some of the things tha=
t I always say I'm going to get around to - - - - and never do.=20
> > I ordered in some parts for my old Crossman air guns and trying to get =
them working again. I've got someones damn pigeons shitting on my roof all =
summer that I'm determined to get rid of in spite of my wife. problem is, I=
 figure the damn things are going to roll down off the roof where they're r=
oosting and I'm going to have to get up on the damn ladder to dig them out =
of the gutter.=20
> > .
> > Anyway, hope this post helps strike up a little activity here.
.
.
Hi Les
I looked on line at the Beeman air gun you mentioned and was surprised to s=
ee that it said the barrel material was - - - - "PLASTIC" ?  How does that =
work out? Is it metal barrel encased in plastic or what? For some reason I =
can't picture a plastic barrel being able to retain it's stability over the=
 long term.=20
.
As far as whats most challenging on a hunting trip now days - - -  I'd have=
 to say, it's climbing the damn hill to get to my stand. ;-)