Re: 4K analog cameras

On Sunday, May 29, 2022 at 2:08:31 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 5/28/2022 7:19 PM, ABLE1 wrote:=20
> > On 5/28/2022 9:36 PM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
> >> Has anyone had any experience with 4K *Analog* cameras?=20
> >> .=20
> >> I have an estimate that I'm doing for someone that I installed analog=
=20
> >> cameras for about 12 years ago (coax siamese). He wants to upgrade his=
=20
> >> system and, of course, IP cameras have become more popular and down in=
=20
> >> price in 12 years. He wants to add some cameras to his existing house=
=20
> >> system and add cameras to his free standing humongous garage. (There's=
=20
> >> an existing low voltage conduit that I recommended back then, between=
=20
> >> house and garage)=20
> >> So - - - - he wants me to give him three proposals.=20
> >> .=20
> >> 1. Replace all coax with Cat6 in the house and add  additional=20
> >> cameras. With this system I can run Cat 6 to the garage and hook those=
=20
> >> cameras in via a network switch. Whole system using 8MP (4K) cameras=
=20
> >> and 16 channel NVR located in the house.=20
> >> .=20
> >> 2. Using existing coax and adding new coax for new cameras, use 4K=20
> >> *analog* cameras in the house using 16 channel *DVR*=20
> >> Install 8 channel *NVR* and 8 MP (4K) IP cameras  in the garage. This=
=20
> >> requires using to app's to view cameras.=20
> >> .=20
> >> 3. Using existing coax and adding new coax for new cameras, use 4k=20
> >> analog cameras in the house. However there is available a Hybrid NVR=
=20
> >> /DVR available with 16 analog channels and 6 extra IP channels (using=
=20
> >> external POE switch)  With this setup there would be only one recorder=
=20
> >> in the house.=20
> >> .=20
> >> I know cost is going to be a major consideration especially for labor=
=20
> >> in option #1 but he's going to have to weigh that against convenience=
=20
> >> accessibility and capability. The original wiring was done during=20
> >> reconstruction so not easy to get to same locations of existing=20
> >> cameras in the house.=20
> >> Analog systems don't have any of the special features that the IP=20
> >> systems have but residential doesn't require most of them anyway.=20
> >> (line crossing, license plate, facial recognition, etc) which the IP=
=20
> >> cameras I'd be using would only have audio and line crossing.=20
> >> I thought that frame rate would be a problem between analog and IP but=
=20
> [...]

Les, It's not as many cameras as you might expect. He wants 10 on the house=
 and 6 in/on the garage. So, not the full capability of the recorders. The =
house IS pretty big and the garage is two story and enough room for four ca=
rs and about a 20 by 20 foot workshop area and a loft on the second story. =
There's a pool, a cook area and recreational area that he want's covered so=
 that pretty much covers the entire perimeter and the inside of the garage.=
 To add to the confusion, he wants 2 outdoor speakers on the house, two on =
the garage and 3 or four in the ground leading up the the pool where I inst=
alled 4 rock speakers and Sonos amp a few years ago. =20
Probably spend the day tomorrow doing the estimate. CCTV supplier told me t=
o get back to him quick. In two weeks since my last purchase the NVR"S went=
 up $20.00 and the cameras almost $40.00   JEEEEZ!
Bob, I've been using Invid cameras and NVR's for the past few years with re=
eealy great results. Had one bad camera out of the box which was replaced b=
y the supplier. Invid has a three year warranty. Plug and play cameras, P2P=
 app linking ( ie. no port forwarding) Accepts, all ONVIF devices and super=
b technical support. ( no 1 hour hang time)  Factory about 20 minutes away =
and NOT made in China.